1MillionStartups is a pioneering global platform in support of startups and entrepreneurs who are dedicated to solving real-life problems and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Currently, we are supporting over 700 startups from 65 countries. Our tribe is growing, and so is our team. We are based in Vienna (Austria) but our team works across the world.
Join us and help us support SDG startups from all over the world with own skills and fresh, entrepreneurial-loving mindset. togetherWE can create a better world!
- Are fluent in English (knowledge of German is an asset)
- have excellent organizational skills
- work well in a team
- have experience? We will consider this an asset for specific vacancies, so don’t forget to mention it when applying.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- be part of a global team working towards a better future
- get access to our influential global network
- jump into the heart of the entrepreneurship world and meet founders, startups, startup angels and enthusiasts from all around the globe
- attend our flagship event, 1MillionStartups Global Conference in Vienna (Austria), and any other planned event as a part of the team
- expand your network and gain contacts from the valuable circles of 1MS
- learn about teamwork, specific workflow and improve your organizational skills
- vamp up your resume with valuable international experience
- opportunities to find a job in one of our members or partners across the world
- opportunity to get certificated for your mandatory university/high school practicum, Erasmus or IAESTE internship or any other form of student internships.
We are looking for:
2. Members happiness manager
You always wanted to be connected to global SDGs’ entrepreneurs and be up-to-date with their work? Over 700 1MillionStartups members come from 65 countries all over the world, and you will be a key team member to connect them all into one tribe.
- check all incoming members’ registrations to ensure everything is valid
- follow the work of all our members, provide info to the Social Media team
- ensure all members are receiving and using the benefits by 1MS
- be the go-to person and communication point for all our members
- take the lead for the procedures of “Startups of the month” selection
5-8h/week, minimum 3 months
unpaid, with the possibility to become a paid job in future
Send an e-mail to hello@1MillionStartups.com of Facebook message by 15th of May containing the following:
Subject: Position name - Application by Name Surname
E-mail content: Short motivational letter explaining why you want to work with us. Include an online CV (LinkedIn profile) if desired.
International interns and volunteers are welcome.
If you want to use the opportunity to continue working for 1MS if offered in future, you have to have the working permit in Austria.
You are not sure if one of the vacancies would fit you, but would like to become a part of the 1MillionStartups team?
Send us your open application, including your CV and motivational e-mail explaining why you would like to become a part of the 1MillionStartups team. We welcome all enthusiasts who want to become a part of our fast-growing team.
The brave heroes of this journey
Our members are passionate entrepreneurs who challenge the status quo and believe that they can make a positive difference, that they can improve the world. We will do everything in our power to help them create their dream business, take the freedom to choose their own path to success, and achieve their sustainable development.
Instead of re-inventing the wheel.
We are very proud to work with a growing number of premium partners (business, network, media) throughout the world. Join us to grow your business and make an impact. If you are interested to join in, simply contact us!
Gold Ventures incubator
Entrepreneurship Center Network
New Venture Scouting
Latinomics Leadership Forum
Venture Capital for Africa (VC4Africa)
Social Innovation Hub
World Summit Awards
Global Entrepreneurship Network
Global Business Angel Network
European Business Angel Network
African Business Angel Network
Austrian Angel Investors Association
To build a community of 1 million startups creating 1 million solutions.
As a community to make a difference in lives of a billion people.
What we do
Promote - Inspire - Educate - Invest
1MillionStartups is the first worldwide campaign and community dedicated to promoting the entrepreneurial spirit and the startup world while raising the awareness about the importance of startups in today‘s social & economic development, as well as inspiring new founders and business angels to create the startups we need. 1MillionStartups is focused on growing a community of 1 million members inspired to impact the world through their own action, through entrepreneurship – a movement based on solutions, moreover, solutions in contribution to Sustainable Development Goals by UN. In our over 25 years of experience & research, we identified the three most crucial issues for entrepreneurs to develop successfully: 1) access to role-models, 2) access to know-how, and 3) access to capital. With 1MilionStartups we tackle all three problems and provide global solutions. We strongly support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). 1MillionStartups was selected and presented at the UN Communication Group Meeting in Vienna as best practice example how business can contribute to innovation and achieving the SDGs. We will invest €100million in our members by 2030.
Internationally awarded entrepreneur and philanthropist.
Selma Prodanovic, named Startup-Grande-Dame by the media, made it her mission to make it easier for others to create world class businesses. Since she founded the Brainswork Group in 2005, she launched a dozen of “made in brainswork” - brands, supported over 400 startups, and advised global investors, corporates and organizations. Selma is co-founder of Austrian Angel Investors Association, board member of European Business Angel Network, and member of Global Business Angel Network. The Business Angelina has a portfolio of startup investments, is lead investor at Rising Tide Europe 1 – impacting the next generation of female business angels, was an investor in the startup TV show “2 minutes - 2 million”, and judged in over 100 investment jury sessions. She teaches at universities, authored two books, rocked the stage as a speaker over 1000 times and was featured in media in 40 countries. Married to her first love, she is mother of two fantastic millenials.
People who’s ideas improve 1MillionStartups on a daily basis.